Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interesting . . . My diet pills no longer work. They did a couple of years ago. In fact I lost around 27kg. Not too bad. Couldn't sleep for months and had a killer thirst for weeks but I persevered. The weight even stayed off for a good few months. The Salvation Army, I am sure, would have been thrilled when I unloaded several bags of size 24 apparel. Then, wouldn't you know it, the podge has slowly come back.

Name a diet and I have done it - Though I have to admit, at 15 and terribly big boned, I was doomed from the start. With rocks in my pocket for my first weight-loss company registration, I had a tremendous first week and boy did I love the accolades. My cousin, aunty and mum..... we all did the same. What an outstanding family - so dedicated.

In my thirties (and you would think this would be enough to get me sorted), I had an unfortunate experience in an amazing place. If ever you are in the South Island of New Zealand visit Puzzling World www.puzzlingworld.co.nz. The unfortunate part was my brain not adjusting to the 15 degree tilt of the room. There were around twenty polite young Korean tourists lining up to try an attraction. They stood in line, on a reasonably sloped floor, with no idea that they were all headed for a very undignified fall. My balance was shot. I fell on top of the first young woman and then dominoed over the others. Had I been of a less portly stature I suspect I would not have damaged quite so many cameras, nor bruised as many ribs, theirs and mine. Husband was of little use. He was bent over laughing at the bottom of the room.

My forties chapter is nearly finished and I am absolutely adamant that I WILL get myself on track to a healthy weight and all of the opportunities I deserve. The catch is that I want to do this without paying one more cent. Not a cent for weekly meetings, blood tests for food compatibility, food logs or recipe books. It's time for good, old fashion common sense.

Why am I writing this blog? Well - it's all a case of putting it out there.... committing - as Rhonda would say. Though not confident enough to put how much I actually weigh out there. You never know who might be reading this. Right - This is it!


Search Engine Submission - AddMe

No comments:

Post a Comment